I learned a lot this year, but in terms of collecting, it can be summed up by these bullet points.
- The difference between collecting and accumulating
- Quality always trumps quantity
- You have to pay for quality. Very rarely will you get a "steal" on a true quality item.
- There is a great sense of satisfaction in selling a dozen items you won't miss and buying one item you really love
- There is a very fuzzy and subjective line between 9.6 and 9.8, and it's not worth paying a huge premium for a subjective .2 difference that could change on any given day